Behaviour Policy Secondary
In order to enable teaching and learning to take place, we believe that responsible behaviour in all aspects of school life is necessary. We seek to create an inclusive caring, learning environment in the school by:
- Promoting and encouraging positive behaviour
- Promoting self-esteem, self-discipline and positive relationships based on mutual respect
- Encouraging consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour
- Promoting early intervention
- Providing a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment
- Encouraging a positive relationship with all stakeholders to develop a shared approach which involves them in the implementation of the school’s policy and associated procedures
- Promoting respect for others and their rights, and encouraging to take responsibility for their own actions
This policy aims to:
- Set out the broad principles for the implementation of rewards and sanctions
- Define roles and responsibilities, including the expectations that we have of each member of the school community
- Develop a culture of friendship and kindness between all.
- Every Learning Bay maintains a Behaviour Management Record Book (BM book), with two facing pages assigned for each student.
- The left side for Negative behavior and right side for Positive behavior.
- The book is maintained by the Learning Bay Coordinator and Prefect/Monitor.
- Prefect/Monitor collects the book from the Phase Leaders’ office at the start of the Core Value period and returns it back at the end of the day.
- All behaviour related incidents for the respective Learning Bay is recorded in the BM book.
- Learning Bay Coordinators and monitors maintain all warning letters/incident reports/daily class reports in the respective student file.
If The student continues to reflect behavioural issues despite sanctions in LEVEL 1, he/she automatically would moves to LEVEL2
If the student continues to reflect behavioural issues despite sanctions in LEVEL 2, he/she automatically would moves to LEVEL3